Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Disneyland 2014 - CTMH Convention

Oh my goodness, I haven't blogged about one of the best times in my life!  I was lucky enough to be able to attend Close To My Heart's 2014 Convention in DISNEYLAND!!  For 5 fabulous days I got to be a kid and feel like it was Christmas all in one!

This post is going to be LONG and PHOTO EXTENSIVE!!


This is the fantastic team that I belong to!  The Hearts of the West team led by our fearless leader Nancy Klein!  These ladies are so much fun and I'm so glad that I got to meet them!!  Here we had just gotten our brand new goodies in a absolutely fantastic exclusive CTMH bag!


So who do I get to see when I first get to the Disneyland Hotel but Goofy!  AHHHHH!!!  I didn't get my autograph book out but I did get my camera in time.  In the hotel lobby was also Alice, Balou, Cinderella and either Chip or Dale.  It was pretty awesome for a first time visit to anything Disney!


I wandered Downtown Disney and had lunch with some new friends.  I had a mishap with checking in, but we forget that part of the day!  This is the first time I'd ever seen a palm tree.  Yes I'm serious!  I didn't do too much this day because I was still waiting to check in.  I did have dinner with some really great ladies and then finished the evening off with some really great room mates that adopted me for the evening.  We stood and watched the fireworks that first night from the hotel.  And for those of us that are used to fireworks at 11 PM ... these started around 9!!  It was so weird seeing it get dark so early!




We started the day off right, with breakfast at the Plaza Inn and CHARACTERS!!!  My autograph book got to see Tigger, Pooh, Eyeore, Minnie Mouse, Chip N' Dale, and Mr Penguin!  I know I didn't eat very much because just when you got a chance, one would come over to the table!  I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT!



Mater!  And he talked!  It was so fun to meet Mater!  I didn't get to spend much time in California Adventure Park because we rushed through to ...






THE TOWER OF TERROR!  I can't believe they got me on this ride!  You are sitting in an elevator and it literally DROPS!  I seriously felt like I was coming out of my seat!  You can barely see me, but I'm there!  I've got a death grip on poor Gena's jean shorts!  I don't think she was expecting that when we got on this ride!  Here is what Wikipedia has to say about this ride ...

"Drop sequence
On the last word of Serling's narration, the elevator starts its drop sequence. Rather than a simple gravity-powered drop, however, the elevator is pulled downwards, causing most riders to rise off their seats, held down only by a seat belt. At least once during the drop sequence, wide elevator doors in front of the riders open to reveal a view of the park from a height of about 170 feet (52 m). The back of the "Hollywood Tower Hotel" sign partially obstructs the view (it is on the back of this sign that the on-ride camera is located, which photographs the riders for purchase later).

Randomized pattern of drops and lifts have been added, where the ride vehicle will drop or rise various distances at different intervals. Other effects were also added, including new projection images of the breaking window, wind effects, lightning flashes, and ominous bluelit figures of the five ghostly original riders. These changes were made so that each trip on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is a slightly different experience. The ride was reprogrammed most recently in its fourth conversion. The result of the reprogramming is that the ride system allows for any number of randomized drops and lifts. When guests enter the drop shaft, a computer randomly chooses one of four drop profiles, one of which is a modified version of the ride's third incarnation.[7] Regardless of the number of randomized drops and lifts, each drop sequence always features one "faux drop" meant to startle the riders, and one complete drop through the entire tower."

Holy man is all I can say about this ride!  I'm proud of myself for actually riding it though!  It was a thrill that I will NEVER repeat!


I rode on Splash Mountain as a single rider!  That is me in the back of the log looking like I'm about to pee my pants!  I can't believe the lady in front of me isn't even holding on!  It was AWESOME!

I rode on Big Thunder Railroad, The Matterhorn and some little kiddie ride that isn't even worth mentioning!  I had so much fun!  I can't wait to do it all again!  But I'll be spending more time in the parks and riding more and seeing more!  It was a whirlwind of a day but I'll never forget it!


These are my fantastic room mates for the trip!  Stacey, Ashely and Martha!  We had so much fun!


Here are two of my first night room mates and another friend!  I was getting ready to have a Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki rum drink!  Yes there were 5 Tiki's!

 
And who can leave out the highlight of the trip?  MICKEY MOUSE!  I can't believe that I got my picture with Mickey Mouse!  I didn't get my autograph book out, which upsets me, but to have my picture is fantastic!  It was a dream come true!


And of course all good things must come to an end!  Good-bye California!  Until next time, cause you know there is going to be a next time!

So this was my first ever trip to Disneyland!  It will not be my last trip that is for sure!  I will make sure that I get back here many times because it was so much fun and there is still so much to see and do!  Thanks Close To My Heart!  You made this girl a very happy one indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment